This fly-by-night operation uses some kind of technology to figure out what magazines you may have expressed an interest in.Then they hijack the account and pretend you owe them money for it, even if you never got the magazine.
For example, I subscribed to Sew News through the Sew News website, using the "bill me later" option. I assumed they would send us a bill, we would pay it, and I'd start getting magazines. Instead, North Shore got a hold of it and sent me a letter designed to look like a collection agency notice. Of course it is timed to arrive on a Saturday so you can't do anything about it.
I did reach the highest levels at Sew News and they confirmed they do not do business through North Shore. they even sent me a free magazine for my trouble. I also contacted North Shore to tell them to knock it off. That was several months ago.
Their response? Another Saturday letter telling them they'll leave me alone, if I can provide them with some bogus account number.
Hello, I do not have an account with you, so there is no account number.Sleazebags.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Fly By Night Operation
- Review category
- Employment Agencies
You May Also Like
- "I have used Livecareer for nearly a year. When the EMV chips went into effect it caused me to need an update to my billing. I have tried over..."
- "We rec'd a nasty letter saying my grandmother owed Bradford Exchange company $50. I have never in my life seen such a nasty letter. We are not sure if she..."
- "They came to move some couches and tore them trying to force them through the door. They did not know what they where doing even though they told me these..."
- "I was skeptical of ordering from Screaming Owl after seeing reviews, but I wanted to try it out for myself. I received my first order within 2 1/2 weeks..."
- "Saw a auction with several tool boxes for sale. The description stated "lista style" tool storage cabinet. Knowing "lista" boxes are extremely expensive and well built and known to..."
- "Bait and switch. Showed a picture of a lovely arrangement - "Glorious Garden" and even paid to upgrade it to the max. But what was delivered was small, pathetic and..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."